Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lyzzy Bordyn (c. 1981)

Jim Dandy sent me an extra-special Chirstmas Birthday Hanukah Kwanza New Year package, which included a flash drive. Look here!, a file full of photos that I either have never seen, or more likely, that I saw but fogot. Blasts from the past, alas.

Kenny was my first influence as I picked up the electric guitar. He led the first band I was ever in, Destination Unknown, and I still remember some of his licks clearly.

Jim Dandy. When he joined the band, the name changed to Lyzzy Bordyn. He brought a theatricality and some good songs to the band. Note the racoon dangling from Barry's drum set.

What ever happened to all that hair?

For awhile, Kenny was out of the band, a big loss, but we kept at it. Barry could kick it on the drums, but he needed to work on his scowl.

4 comments:

jim dandy said...

Awesome! You Guys Rock!!!

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

You rock, Jim Dandy, You're the rockingist rocker who has rocked in the rock universe.

Anonymous said...

You were pretty skinny then...