Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Lovely Weather, Heather"

is the title of a tune I wrote. I am fortunate enough to have a student who is a music production major, who, knowing I have an interest in recording music, offered me some studio time. About a month ago I recorded a couple of tracks: piano, bass and drums. I played piano and bass and collaborated with a great young drummer, Matt. On Sunday, we put the saxes on the top.

I played bari, that's Brian on alto, and Tyler on tenor.


The tune has a 40-bar structure. We played three choruses. Statement of theme, tenor sax solo, restatement of theme. Tyler was cookin.'



I would like to thank Aaron, for the studio time; Brian, for helping out in the studio and blowing alto, and Tyler, for coming down the mountain to play some saxophone.



Listen to Lovely Weather, Heather.

2 comments:

jim dandy said...

Hey Marco, I was thinking...
remember that time we were on the Ed Sullivan Show and they made us change the lyrics from our hit song to, "Drunk Girls Don't".
hahaha, what a night that was!

Mark said...

Hey Jim, you know, today is Barry's birthday. I was thinking how cool and weird it is that me, you, Kenny and Barry are all friends on Ace-Fa Ook--ba. One day we'll have a reunion, and we'll come on stage with our walkers, and then rock out. They won't know what hit 'em.