Saturday, March 24, 2012

Grandma Amble

My grandma, in a photo from the early '80s. She was a formidable piano talent, and like me, liked her puzzles. At this time she was living in a nursing home in Clare, MI.

My brother and I were on the way to her funeral on January 28, 1986, when the front right wheel of the the 1966 Pontiac LeMans we were driving started falling off.


We dropped it off at a garage in Alma maybe, and went to a bar to wait until the next bus down to Lansing would come along. There we watched the reporting of the Challenger space shuttle disaster.

3 comments:

Mark said...

That car had belonged to my grandma Couture. Boy, one of my cousins was really pissed when he found out that we had sold it to Mike Rodríguez.

profilelockermama said...

That's the year Jimbo and I got married. The disaster at Chernobyl happened that year, too.

profilelockermama said...

That's the year Jimbo and I got married. The disaster at Chernobyl happened that year, too.