Thursday, November 13, 2008

More photos of Tyler and me playing saxophones

By hook or by crook, I managed some studio time at the U's fancy schmancy studio (Randall, one of my students, is a music production major). I played piano on a tune I wrote ("The Mitten," a.k.a. Mary Ellen). Wells laid down some electric bass, Randall did the drumming, and Tyler and I put the saxes over the top of it. The sax playing was last Tuesday. Tyler did the soloing, and I played harmony on the head. Randall set it up like I was talking to my criminal brother during visitation at the prison. "Tyler, you're blowing like a moth*^f**k%r, but why'd you have to rob that bank?"

Granted, I look pretty cool in this photo, but I wish I had the chops to back up the look!
This man DOES have the chops. He blew some sweet stuff that night!
Thanks, Randall, for setting this up!

2 comments:

Rani Kapoor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rani Kapoor said...

"Pardon me sir" but, i'd like to file a complaint against such foul language !