Thursday, November 20, 2008

Upside Down

Lying in bed the other night, drinking decaffeinated coffee and working on a sudoku, I had no idea that I would soon have to be dealing with deputy sheriffs, state troopers, shocked drivers. I probably should have figured as much when I heard the screech of tires followed by a loud thud.
This is what I saw in the front yard.

Amazingly, the driver, who was wearing his seat belt, walked away and was not seriously hurt.

But I don't think he will be driving this car any more.

So, kids, the moral of the story is SLOW DOWN. Surely what happened was that the kid was going way too fast around the curve, he drifted into the other lane, a car was coming, he overcorrected, lost control, the ditch sent him flying, and the car rolled.

I didn't finish the puzzle, much less the coffee.

No comments: