Friday, November 21, 2008

PRINCE!!

And only twelve dollars. I remember he was wearing high heels, and he jumped off a huge speaker cabinet, landed on his feet and kept on dancing. Wow. Just wow.



The warm-up act was Vanity 6. It was the "1999" Tour, if I remember correctly. I did a bit of research on the internet and see that the songs he likely played were: "Controversy," "Sexuality," "Lets Work," "Do Me Baby," "Lets Pretend We're Married," "How Come U Dont Call Me Anymore," "Lady Cab Driver," "Little Red Corvette," "Dirty Mind," "International Lover," and "1999."

4 comments:

jim dandy said...

Was this in Detroit?
I may have the full page review of that same show in the Detroit News, with color pictures.
No, I didn't get to go, but I was wishing I had.
You The Man!

Mark said...

Hey Jim, the concert was in East Lansing, but I wonder if he hit Detroit on that same tour.

jim dandy said...

Well, I guess the article I have is from Nov 1984. I emailed you pics of the paper. enjoy

Huppeldepup said...

Mark, I'd love to see a scan of the full ticket.