Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Puerto Angel, Mexico (Summer 1999)

Puerto Angel is on the Pacific Coast, directly south from Oaxaca city. There I met a photographer from San Francisco by the name of Alan Dejecacion. Somehow the two of us arranged to go fishing with this guy.



We got up at the crack of dawn and went out on the ocean. The limit was one pez espada per fisherman per day. First he caught the fish he was to use for bait, and then he caught his swordfish.



My photos were pretty the same as Alan's, just not as good, so I'm posting his.



Alan is in front on the right. Where's Mark?




•••

1 comment:

Alan Dejecacion said...

Hi Mark,

I just did a quick search on "Puerto Angel" just to see what the place looks like now since I was there the last time in 1999.

So cool to have come across your blog post from that trip!

That was the first visit to Mexico and have returned a number of times since then; most recently in August of last year.

I still enjoy photographing and have posted some of my work here: https://www.storehouse.co/dejecacion

Some of the images from 1999 I posted here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alandejecacion/sets/72157631114132692

I hope you're keeping well.

Alan Dejecacion
dejecacion@gmail.com