Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pittsburgh, PA

I went up to Pittsburgh for a conference. Had a real good time, in my own way.

Friday night, crossing the river heading into downtown Pittsburgh.

On Friday evening I went to see the Bob Mintzer Big Band, one of the great big bands in all the land. They rocked the joint! Pure heavy metal (saxophones, trombones and trumpets)

All the sax players could double, either on flute or clarinet.

Tacos al pastor. Just about perfect. From Mendoza Express, a little joint on the corner, run by folks from Acapulco.

My hotel room had a fridge. This is the champagne of beers.

The lovely view from my hotel in Greentree (a few miles from downtown).

Franco Harris, making that miracle catch against the Raiders almost 40 years ago. I've never been anyplace as football crazy as Pittsburgh.

My ride home

1 comment:

jim dandy said...

I like the hitchhiker on the runway!